terms of service
This document (The "User Agreement") is legally binding and governs your use of the Hire an Esquire website and all related web and mobile services including those from third parties that are incorporated or used in conjunction with the Hire an Esquire website and service. A breach or violation of any of the Account Terms will result in an immediate termination of your services at the sole discretion of Hire an Esquire.
By using the Hire an Esquire website and related services you agree to be bound by the terms of this User Agreement. You also agree that Hire an Esquire is not a law firm or referral service and NOTHING ON THIS SITE IS TO BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE FROM HIRE AN ESQUIRE. Seriously, we’re a software company. We deal with a different type of “code” than lawyers and you really don’t want legal advice from us.
CHANGES TO USER SERVICES
Hire an Esquire is a growing company! Like Hire an Esquire’s business, our User Agreement will change and evolve. Hire an Esquire reserves the right to make these changes at our sole discretion and without notice. The most current version of our User Agreement will always be located here, under the Terms of Service section of our website. Please check these terms often for updates. By continuing to use the Hire an Esquire web service, you consent to the changes.
To use this service you must be:
- 18+ years old.
- An attorney admitted to practice in good standing with your respective bar or a legal professional in good standing wishing to use this service to find contract-based work in accordance with this User Agreement.
- A law firm, legal department, or business entity that wishes to retain legal professionals on a contract basis through Hire an Esquire unless additional permissions are granted by Hire an Esquire.
And you must:
- Provide your full legal name, a valid email address, your valid attorney identification information where applicable and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process accurately.
- Accurately and proactively report any previous, current or pending disciplinary action.
- Use only a single username and password ("login"). You cannot share an account.
- Keep your password secure—Hire an Esquire cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your account and password.
- Notify Hire an Esquire immediately if you suspect any security breaches to your account or the Hire an Esquire system.
- Be responsible for all activity and content (data, graphics, photos, links) that is uploaded under your Service account.
- Read, understand, agree to and abide by all parts of this User Agreement.
- Perform obligations as specified by this agreement and agreements that you enter into through this website when not in conflict with this user agreement or prohibited by law.
- Represent and warrant that your User Content and Hire an Esquire’s use thereof in the context of this agreement and the Site will not infringe upon the Intellectual Property Rights, Privacy Rights or Publicity rights of any third party.
- Represent and warrant that you have the written consent of each and every identifiable natural person in the User Content to use such person’s name or likeness in the manner contemplated by the Site and this Agreement, and each such person has released you from any liability that may arise in relation to such use.
While using this service you MAY NOT:
- Be a recruiter, including attorneys that are engaged in the businesses of staffing employees, or otherwise a third party to the retaining or hiring of attorneys unless expressly permitted by Hire an Esquire. Legal actions and damages will be pursued for violations of this term.
- Register and explore the software service for the purpose of reproducing, replicating, or otherwise copying the software service and business model. Legal actions and damages will be pursued for violations of this term.
- Be an attorney disbarred for disciplinary action.
- Upload, post, host or transmit unsolicited e-mail, SMS, Instant Messenger, Twitter or other "spam" messages.
- Transmit worms or viruses or any other code of a destructive nature.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Hire an Esquire.
- Use this service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
Hire an Esquire reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse, suspend, or terminate service to anyone for any reason or no reason.
Hire an Esquire is NOT a law firm or a referral service.
Hire an Esquire is a software as a service (SaaS) product designed to monitor, manage, and pay for legal work and legal costs. This service may be used with or exclusive of the freelance job board. Hire an Esquire makes no representations or endorsements of attorneys registered with the system accessible through the job board, nor does Hire an Esquire interfere, direct, or otherwise supervise the interaction between job posters and attorneys responding to them. Any attorney with an active bar license may register with Hire an Esquire. Attorneys do not pay or share any fees to use Hire an Esquire.
Nothing on this site shall be construed as legal advice from Hire an Esquire. Hire an Esquire is not authorized to provide legal advice.
To confirm and activate your account as a law firm, business entity or lawyer you will be asked to agree to a registered user Terms of Service governing the terms and use of the software as a service available to registered users. The registered user agreement and date of agreement will be stored and accessible to you in your account profile.
NOTICES AND COMMUNICATIONS
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DCMA)
If you believe in good faith that any content on the Site infringes your Intellectual Property Rights (including trademarks, logos and other rights, except copyright rights, which are described above) please (a) describe in detail the Intellectual Property Rights that you believe are infringed, (b) describe in detail the particular content that you believe infringes your Intellectual Property Rights, (c) provide us your name, address, email address, and phone number, and (d) notify Hire an Esquire per the directions in the Notices and Communications Section below.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Hire an Esquire and its affiliates that your Intellectual Property Rights may have been infringed. Hire an Esquire has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Hire an Esquire’s sole discretion, members who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Hire an Esquire may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate the accounts of any Users who infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM HIRE AN ESQUIRE TO YOU:
Unless you otherwise indicate in writing to Customer Support, Hire an Esquire will communicate with you by email or by posting communications on the Site. You consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that these electronic communications satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. You will be considered to have received communication when Hire an Esquire sends it to the email address you have provided to Hire an Esquire on the Site, or when Hire an Esquire posts such communication on the Site. You must keep your email address updated on this Site and you must regularly check this Site for postings. If you fail to respond to an email message from Hire an Esquire regarding violation, dispute or complaint within two business days, Hire an Esquire has the right to terminate or suspend your Job or your Account.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM YOU TO HIRE AN ESQUIRE:
All notices to Hire an Esquire intended to have a legal effect concerning this Agreement must be in writing and delivered either in person or by a means evidenced by a delivery receipt, to the following address:
Hire an Esquire, Inc.
106 W. 32nd Street
New York, NY 10001
Such notices to Hire an Esquire, Inc. are deemed effective upon receipt.